Offer your customers IP Centrex, voice and video calls, conferencing, unified messaging, and presence service with PortaSwitch
High end security and reliability
PortaSwitch supports SIP over TLS and ZRTP, so all communication between a phone and the server is encrypted and secure. When an end user makes an outgoing call from the customer’s office, the call is authorized by PortaSwitch: various fraud-prevention measures are applied, and the customer’s balance is checked in real time. PortaSwitch then routes the call to another IP PBX extension (for intra-office calls), or to a PSTN network.
Calls to DID numbers (local or toll-free) arrive from carriers or DID exchanges, and are then routed to an auto attendant, call queue, huntgroup, or individual extension, depending on the settings. Fax-over-IP, both outgoing and incoming, is supported as well.
When customers use the service from the office, at home or on-the-go, the advanced NAT traversal capabilities of PortaSwitch allow them to connect calls regardless of the specifics of the network configuration.
Hosted IP PBX integrated billing
PortaSwitch is a service delivery platform for hosted IP PBX that streamlines your business end-to-end. Inside their portal, your customer has a clear overview of all configuration settings, call recordings, CDRs and invoices. What’s more, each employee has access to the self-care portal for his individual line and can monitor their usage or configure settings such as follow-me numbers.
PortaSwitch revenue assurance means that no call is allowed when the balance is insufficient; every call is immediately charged and applied to the customer’s balance; every feature activation / deactivation is directly linked to the billing.
At the end of the month, all applicable fees are assessed, a PDF invoice is generated and emailed, and the credit card on file is automatically charged.
Architecture of an IP Centrex platform
Software platform for calling cards, PIN-less dialing and callback services. A unique set of features, complemented by convenient administration tools and proven reliability
PortaSwitch works as a single, ready-to-use calling card software platform that is very easy to launch and manage. It consists of the following:
A highly scalable class 4 and 5 SIP Softswitch delivers call control and media processing functions. It supports real-time call authorization and charging, dynamic call routing, and advanced call control. The media server includes multilingual IVR applications, with the ability to easily customize the call flow.
is used to configure access numbers and IVR applications, create tariffs and prepaid products, set up resellers and distributors, generate batches of cards (PINs) and top-up vouchers, and perform monitoring & troubleshooting. There is a real-time data link between B/OSS and the softswitch, so any changes are effective instantly and require no additional configuration.
A highly flexible real-time charging engine
supports flexible rating formulas, special fees, variable call announcement time, profit-guarantee call routing, and the like.
The web portal
allows administrators, resellers and distributors to perform card generation/activation, browse reports, and so on.
The webservices API
allows easy integration with external applications (e.g. point-of-sale payment submission in a supermarket network).
How does it work for the service provider?
- Establish a relationship with carriers, who provide incoming local and toll-free access numbers (phone numbers your customers will dial in order to access the IVR). These are entered as “VoIP from Vendor” connections in PortaSwitch.
- Interconnect with carriers to which international calls will be sent. These are entered as “VoIP to Vendor” connections. Rates provided by carriers are uploaded into PortaSwitch via easy-to-use wizards.
- Using PortaSwitch’s “LCR blending” tool, create your sales tariffs. (The tool analyzes available vendors for each destination, calculates average costs, and determines the selling rate based on the desired profit margin.) You can further enhance these tariffs by changing the rounding increments, adding surcharges, and so on.
- Configure routing plans to adjust parameters such as “profit guarantee”. If you offer toll-free numbers, configure the additional costs to be charged to end users when they use toll-free numbers, in order to offset your costs.
- Customize your IVR applications. For each application you can decide which languages to include (PortaSwitch supports more than 20 IVR languages), what the desired call-flow is, and which options are to be included (e.g. whether to allow automatic caller number registration for future PIN-less dialing).
- Sign up distributors for the cards.
- Generate batches of cards and have them printed. Then use PortaSwitch’s inventory to manage the assignment of cards to individual distributors.
- When a distributor activates (sells) the card, the card’s balance (minus his commission) is added to his balance. If the distributor has no more balance, no new activations are allowed; the distributor must first transfer funds to you to re-enable his/her account.
- The customer purchases a card and dials the access number. After PIN verification, he has the option to store his CLI (ANI) for future use so that the system will recognize him automatically, without needing to enter a PIN. Calls that the customer makes are immediately reflected in his balance.
- When the customer’s balance is low, he is reminded to top up his account. This can be done by purchasing another card, paying the distributor, or using the online self-care portal.
- Use the PortaSwitch administrator GUI to view various statistics, monitor your profits, adjust rates, generate new batches of cards, and expand your sales.